Changing the Network Port for an Index Store Node
The Index Store client uses a predefined network port to communicate with other Commvault services. You can change the network port used by an Index Store from the Index Server configurations in the CommCell Console.
Before You Begin
- Install an Index Store client and add the Index Server entity to your CommCell environment. For information, see Getting Started with Installing Index Store and Adding an Index Server.
- Make sure that the network port you select is open and not used by any other service.
- If you have a firewall configured on the client where Index Store is installed, ensure the port that you select is open for connections on your network.
- From the CommCell Browser, expand Client Computer Groups > Index Servers, right-click the Index Server with the Index Store that you want to configure, and then click Properties.
The Client Computer Properties for Index Server dialog box appears.
- On the Nodes tab, under Nodes, select the Index Store node, and then click Edit.
The Cloud Node Configuration dialog box appears.
- In Port, enter or select a new value to use as the network port for the Index Store.
- Click OK.
Last modified: 9/21/2018 6:48:42 PM