Configuring Offline Data Collection in Build Your Own Reports
You can configure data sets to collect data offline. After you deploy the report, it is saved as a custom report query on the Private Metrics Reporting Server and downloaded by each CommServe computer. The query then collects and sends data back to the Private Metrics Reporting Server.
When you view your report at the Worldwide level on Web Console, you see data from all CommServe computers in your environment. You can deploy a report for offline data collection directly after building the report, and you can deploy many other reports that appear on your Web Console for offline data collection.
Before You Begin
- Build and Deploy a Report
- To create data sets, build reports, manage reports, and deploy reports to the dashboard, your CommCell user account requires a role with the following permissions: Add Report, Delete Report, Edit Report, Execute Report, Add Datasource, Delete Datasource, Edit Datasource, Query Datasource.
- Your CommCell user account must have an association with the CommCell entity.
For more information on users, permissions, and associations, see User Administration and Security - Overview.
- On Web Console, click Reports.
The Reports page appears.
- To open a report where you have already added a data set, from the navigation pane, click Configuration > Reports, and next to the Report Name under Actions, click Edit.
- On the Data Sets tab, select a data set, and then click Edit .
The Edit Data Set dialog box appears.
- On the Advanced tab, select Offline Data Collection.
- Next to Query runs on, select the software versions that you want to be able to run the query.
- In The collected data for the data set will be retained on the Reporting Server for N days, from the list, select the number of days to retain report data on the Private Metrics Reporting Server.
- To specify a data collection frequency for this report, select Collection Frequency, and in the box, type the number of minutes to wait between data collection operations.
This setting overrides the data collection frequency setting in the CommCell Console Control Panel.
- Click Done to close the Edit Data Set dialog box.
- Click Save.
- Click Deploy.
Last modified: 6/25/2019 3:13:38 PM