Creating an Alert from the Alert Wizard
You can create alerts from the alert wizard.
Before You Begin
- You must have the Create Alert permission to create an alert. For information on permissions, see Permissions and Permitted Actions by Feature: Alerts.
- Some notification types require setup before they are available. For information on notification types, see Alert Notification Type Overview.
- From the CommCell Console ribbon, click Home and then click Alert > Configure Alert.
- From the Alerts dialog box, click Add.
The Add Alert Wizard is displayed.
- On the General Information page, in the Display Name box, type the name of the alert.
If the notification type for the alert will be Save to, do not use special characters in the Display Name box. For more information, see Online Help: General Information.
- In the Category box, select the alert category, and in the Type box, select the alert type, and then click Next.
- If the alert type requires you to select entities, on the Entity Selection page, select the entities that you want to associate with this alert, and then click Next.
- On the Threshold and Notification Criteria Selection page, select the alert criteria, and then click Next.
For information on the alert criteria available for each alert category and type, see Available Alert Criteria.
- On the Notification Types Selection page, select how users are notified after the alert criteria are met, and then click Next.
- If you want to set additional alert criteria based on alert tokens, on the Token Criteria Selection page, create rules using the tokens.
For information on creating token-based criteria, see Adding Tokens-Based Criteria.
- If the notification type you selected distributes the alert notifications to users, on the Users and User Groups Selection page, choose the recipients.
For information on email recipients, see Online Help: Users and User Groups Selection.
- To control who can work with the alert, on the Security tab, create a security association, and then click Next.
For information on creating security associations, see Administering the Security Associations of an Entity.
Note: The user who creates the alert is automatically assigned the Alert Owner role and has full access to the alert.
- On the Summary page, review your selections, and then click Finish.
Last modified: 10/22/2018 5:31:19 PM