Generating Alerts for Events
The events displayed in the Event Viewer window are great tools for monitoring the activities that occur in a CommCell. You can add alerts for an event based on the event's properties such as event code, severity or description.
Use the following steps to generate an alert for an event:
- From the CommCell Console toolbar menu, click Event Viewer.
- Right-click an event and then click Add Alert from the shortcut menu.
Alternatively, you can also right-click the event and then click View Alerts from the shortcut menu. From the Alerts dialog box, click Add.
- In the Add Alert Wizard dialog box, type the event name in the Display Name box and click Next.
- Select the clients and/or client groups that you want to associate with this alert and click Next.
- Select the criteria that will trigger the alert and click Next.
The conditions displayed in the Alert Criteria area are the event properties displayed in the Event Viewer window.
- Select the way in which the alert is to be sent to its intended recipient and click Next. For example, you can click Select [Email] for notification to send the alert as an email.
- Select the CommCell users and/or user groups that will receive the alert and then click Next.
- Review the options that you selected in the Summary tab and click Finish.
Last modified: 8/27/2018 9:10:54 PM