Creating DB2 MultiNode Backup Sets
Create a backup set for each database in order to back up and restore the database.
Each DB2 MultiNode backup set represent an existing DB2 database. You must create at least one DB2 backup set; however, you can create the backup set only if a DB2 database exists in the instance. If there is a DB2 database in that instance, you can create a corresponding backup set with the same name as the database. If not, you cannot create a DB2 backup set. After you create a backup set, a the software automatically creates a default subclient.
- From the CommCell Console, expand Client Computers >client> DB2 MultiNode.
- Right-click the instance, point to All Tasks, and then click Create New Backup Set.
The Create New Backup Set dialog box appears.
- Select the databases that you want to add to the backup set.
- In the Available DB Names box, select all the databases that you want to add.
- Click >.
- From the Storage Policy for All Log Files list, select the storage policy that you want to use for log backup operations.
- In the Number of Data Backup Streams box, type or select the number of backup streams for each node.
- Click OK.
Last modified: 1/3/2018 3:55:48 PM