Creating a DB2 Subclient for Log Files
Archive logs are required to recover database transactions that have been lost due to an operating system or disk failure. You can apply these archive logs to an online backup in order to recover a database.
The default subclient includes data and logs.
A log backup is always a full backup.
Best Practice: Create a separate subclient for log backups.
- From the CommCell Browser, navigate to Client Computers > client > DB2 MultiNode> instance.
- Right-click the backup_set, point to All Tasks and then click New Subclient.
The Create New Subclient dialog box appears.
- On the General tab, in the Subclient name box, enter a name for the subclient.
- On the Content tab, clear the Data check box.
- On the IntelliSnap Operations tab, configure the IntelliSnap options.
- Select the IntelliSnap check box.
- From the Available Snap Engines list, select the engine that matches your snapshot type. For a list of available engines for your array, see Snapshot Engine.
- On the Storage Device tab, select the name of the Data Storage Policy.
- Optional: Select the subclient options.
- Click OK.
Last modified: 7/10/2018 3:25:31 PM