Creating a Monitoring Policy Template
You can create your own template for tracking text-based logs.
Before You Begin
- Make sure that you collected the details required to create the template. For more information, see Planning for Your Monitoring Policy Template.
- Determine if you want to save the template configuration in a script that you can run later from the command-line interface. This is useful if you want to save the template configuration in case the template is accidentally deleted.
- From the CommCell Browser, expand Policies.
- Right-click Monitoring Policies and then click Manage Templates.
- In the Manage Templates dialog box, click Add.
- In the Create Template dialog box, follow the instructions in the wizard.
For information about the options in the wizard, see Monitoring Policy Templates Online Help.
- On the Template Validation page, validate some of the log lines against the template.
Note: Template validation is not supported for Discovered templates.
- On the Summary page, choose whether to save the configuration as a script for future use:
- To create the template immediately, click Finish.
- To save the template, complete the following steps:
- Click Save as Script.
- In the Save as Script dialog box, from the Client list, select the client computer where you want to save the script.
- In the File Path box, specify the location where you want to save the script.
- If the user who is logged into the CommCell Console does not have sufficient privileges to perform the save as script operation, click Use a different user account and enter the name and password of a user account with sufficient privileges.
- Click OK.
The script is saved as an .xml file and .bat file on the client you selected.
To create the template, run the script from the command-line interface. For instructions, see Restoring a Monitoring Policy Template from the Command Line.
Last modified: 11/7/2018 9:12:25 AM