Installing the Optimized Block-Level Replication Driver on a Client Computer
The OSDP feature is deprecated from the Commvault software in V11 SP15.
See End-of-Life, Deprecated and Extended Support - Features for information about deprecated features.
Before You Begin
Notes for Microsoft Windows:
- Installing the optimized block-level replication driver is irreversible. You cannot uninstall it.
- If you select the Optimize for block level replication check box,theCommvault software automatically installs the driver on the client computer.
- The Install block filter driver area that is displayed in the Advanced Options tab appears only if optimized block-level replication filter driver has not been installed on the client computer. After you install the driver and reboot the client computer, the area is not displayed in any subclient under that client node.
- Optimized block-level replication is enabled after you install the driver and reboot the client computer. Until then, existing jobs continue to run in checksum mode.
- From the CommCell Console, expand client > agent > defaultBackupSet.
- Right-click subclient, and then select Properties.
The Subclient Properties dialog box appears.
- On the Advanced Options tab, in the Blocklevel Backup area, select Optimize for block level replication (Open Systems Data Protection 7-Mode).
- Select Install block filter drive, and then select Reboot now or Reboot later.
- Click OK.
- Reboot the client computer.
Last modified: 3/13/2019 3:37:00 PM