You can add or edit filters for a backup set or a subclient. Filters are criteria to exclude virtual machines or disks from backups.
Define virtual machine filters under VM Filters and disk filters under VM Disk Filters.
Show Backupset Filters (subclient only)
Select this option to display filters defined at both the subclient and backup set levels. When this option is cleared, only subclient filters are shown on this tab; but backup set filters are still enforced.
Click this button to browse and select virtual machines and templates, compute pools, or storage pools.
When you select an object in this dialog box, all child objects are selected, so that they are filtered automatically when a backup is run for the subclient.
Click this button to open the Add Rule or Add Disk Filters dialog box. Use this dialog box to define filters when you want to filter virtual machines based on specific criteria.
You can define the following types of filters:
- VM Filters:
- VM Name/ Pattern: Select this option to filter virtual machines based on a virtual machine name pattern. For example, to filter all virtual machines that have a name starting with "Test", select this option and enter Test* in the value box.
- Template: Select True or False to select or ignore templates.
- Host: Select this option to filter all the virtual machines from a specific host. Enter the host name, IP address, or name pattern in the value box.
When you filter a host, all child objects of the host are automatically filtered from the subclient content.
- Guest OS: Select this option to filter all virtual machines that have operating systems from a specific OS group. For example, to filter all virtual machines that have any version of the Windows operating system installed, select this option and enter *Windows*.
- Power State: Select one of the following options to identify VMs:
- Powered On: VMs that are running.
- Powered Off: VMs that are shut down.
- Other: VMs with a different power on status, such as Pause or Saved.
- VM Disk Filters:
- Bus Type: Select IDE or SCSI from the list, and then enter the slot number in the Slot No. box.
- Datastore: Click ... to browse and select a datastore.
- Disk Name/Pattern: Enter a name or pattern for the disks to be excluded from backups. You can use wildcard characters when defining a rule based on a name or pattern.
Select a VM filter entry and click Edit to modify the filter.
Select a VM filter and click Delete to remove the filter from the subclient.
Last modified: 1/8/2018 7:34:56 PM