Creating a Schedule Policy Using the Command Line Interface
You can create a schedule policy.
Before You Begin
Important: To create an XML file that includes the proper scheduling options for the schedule policy, create the XML file using the Save As Script button available in the New Schedule Policy dialog box. For information about the Save As Script feature, see Save As Script Overview. For example, the following XML file was created by the Save As Script feature: sample_create_schedule_policy.xml.
- If you are not logged on to the CommServe computer, run the qlogin command.
- Download the Save As Script XML file to the computer where you will run the command.
- On the command line, go to software_installation_directory/Base, and then type the following commands:
qoperation execute -af create_schedule_policy.xml -task/taskName schedule_policy_name
- For information about supported parameters, see XML Parameters for Schedule and Schedule Policy Operations.
- For more information about command line parameters and XML elements, see Command Syntax for XML Commands.
- To log off the CommServe computer, run the qlogout command.
The following command creates schedule policy SP001 with two associated subclients. The subclients are defined in the XML file. You can add additional <associations> blocks to the XML file to associate more entities when you create the schedule policy. You must include the hierarchy above the entity and the entity you want to add.
qoperation execute -af schedule_policies_edit.xml -task/taskName SP001
The schedule_policies_edit.xml file contains the following elements:
Last modified: 10/13/2017 8:03:42 AM