Configuring the MediaAgent for One-Way Direct Connection (Client to CommServe)
You must configure the MediaAgents to receive communications from the client. This configuration is necessary to enable backup and restore operations on the clients.
During the network settings configuration, set incoming connections from the client as Restricted.
Before You Begin
Configure the CommServe computer to receive communications from the client. See Configuring the CommServe Computer.
- From the CommCell Browser, expand Client Computers, right-click the MediaAgent, and then click Properties.
The Client Computer Properties dialog box appears.
- Click Network.
The Network Properties for Client dialog box appears.
- On the Network Route Configuration tab, select the Configure Network Route Settings check box.
- On the Incoming Connections tab, click Add.
The Connections to dialog box appears.
- In the From list, select the name of the client you just installed.
- In the State list, select RESTRICTED because the client can reach the MediaAgent.
For information about the RESTRICTED setting, see Restricting or Blocking Connections.
- Click OK.
- To change the default tunnel port, on the Incoming Ports tab, select the Override default tunnel port check box, and then enter the port number for incoming tunnel connections.
The default tunnel port is the Commvault Communications (CVD) service port plus 3 (for example, 8403).
- Optional: Set the following additional incoming ports:
- In the From box, enter a starting number in a port range.
- In the To box, enter an ending number in a port range.
- Click Add.
For more information about additional ports, see Opening Additional Ports.
- Click OK.
- Right-click the MediaAgent, and then click All Tasks > Push Network Configuration.
- Read the warning, click Continue, and then click OK.
- Verify that your network configuration was pushed successfully by checking the Event Viewer window.
What to Do Next
Last modified: 5/1/2019 9:49:18 PM