Configuring the CommServe Computer for Network Gateway Connections
You must configure the CommServe computer to receive communications from the client through the Commvault network gateway.
During the network settings configuration, you will perform the following configurations:
- Set incoming connections from the network gateway as Blocked.
- Set an outgoing route from the CommServe computer to the client.
- Remote Group/Client: client or client group
- Route type: Via network gateway
- Set an outgoing route from the CommServe computer to the Commvault network gateway.
- Remote Group/Client: Commvault network gateway
- Route type: Direct
Before You Begin
You must configure the network gateway connections on the client. For more information, see Configuring the Client for Network Gateway Connections.
- From the CommCell Browser, right-click the CommServe node, and then click Properties.
- On the Network Route Configuration tab, click the Outgoing Routes tab.
- Click Add to create an outgoing connection route from the CommServe computer to the client through the Commvault network gateway.
- From the Remote Group/Client list, select the client, and under Route Type, select Via Network Gateway.
- From the Remote Network Gateway list, select the Commvault network gateway, and then click OK.
- Confirm that the Outgoing Routes tab shows the following two routes:
- The route from CommServe to the network gateway
- The route from CommServe to the client through the network gateway
Note: When two computers are communicating with each other through a network gateway, the following two routes need to be configured in each computer’s network route preferences:
- A route to describe the connectivity from the computer being configured to the network gateway.
- A route to describe the connectivity from the computer being configured to the remote computer via the network gateway.
- Click OK to close the CommCell Properties dialog box.
- From the CommCell Browser, right-click the CommServe node, point to All Tasks, and then click Push Network Configuration.
- Read the warning and then click Continue.
- Click OK and then check the Event Viewer window to confirm that your network configuration was pushed successfully.
What to Do Next
Last modified: 9/19/2019 7:06:33 PM