Configuring the MediaAgent for Network Gateway Connections
You must configure the MediaAgents to receive communications from the client through the Commvault network gateway.
During the network settings configuration, you will perform the following configurations:
- Set incoming connections from the network gateway as Blocked.
- Set an outgoing route from the MediaAgent to the client.
- Remote Group/Client: client or client group
- Route type: Via network gateway
- Set an outgoing route from the MediaAgent to the Commvault network gateway.
- Remote Group/Client: Commvault network gateway
- Route type: Direct
Before You Begin
You must have configured the CommServe computer to receive communications from the client. For instructions, see Configuring the CommServe Computer.
- From the CommCell Browser, right-click the MediaAgent computer, and then click Properties > Network.
On the Network Route Configuration tab, select the Configure Network Route Settings check box, and on the Incoming Connections tab, click Add.
The Connections to dialog box appears.
- In the From list, select the Commvault network gateway computer. From the State list, select BLOCKED, and then click OK.
- Click the Outgoing Routes tab, and then click Add to create the outgoing connection route from the MediaAgent to the client through the Commvault network gateway.
- Select the client from the Remote Group/Client list, and then select a Route Type of Via Network Gateway.
- Select the Commvault network gateway in Remote Network Gateway, and then click OK.
- Click Add again to create another route, this time the one from the MediaAgent to the Commvault network gateway.
- Select the Commvault network gateway from the Remote Group/Client list. The Direct route type and Regular tunnel connection protocol are selected by default.
- Select the Force all data (along with control) traffic into the tunnel option, and then click OK to add the route and close the Route settings dialog box.
- Confirm that the Outgoing Routes tab shows the following two routes:
- The route from MediaAgent to the network gateway
- The route from MediaAgent to the client through the network gateway
- Click OK.
Your MediaAgent is now configured to receive communication from the client through the Commvault network gateway.
- In the CommCell Browser, right-click the MediaAgent computer and then click All Tasks > Push Network Configuration.
- Read the warning, click Continue, and then click OK.
- Check the Event Viewer window to confirm that your network configuration was pushed successfully.
Last modified: 9/19/2019 7:23:42 PM