Configuring Software Encryption on a Subclient or an Instance
You can configure software encryption on a subclient or an instance to protect data during software protection and recovery operations.
Before You Begin
- Enable software encryption at the client level. For instructions, see Configuring Software Encryption on a Client.
- For database agents that use Application Command Line options to run backups (for example Oracle RMAN commands), you must enable encryption at the client level prior to configuring encryption on any subclients or instances residing on that client.
Note: Application command line encryption is supported only for DB2, DB2 DPF, DB2 pureScale, Informix, Oracle, Oracle RAC, SAP for MAXDB, SAP for Oracle, and SAP HANA agents.
- From the CommCell Console, expand Client Computer > client >agent > backupset.
- Right-click subclient or instance, and then click Properties.
- In the Subclient Properties dialog box that appears, click Advanced.
- In the Advanced Subclient Properties or Modify Instance Property dialog box that appears, on the Encryption tab, choose one of the following options for software encryption:
Disables encryption on selected subclient or instance.
Media Only (MediaAgent Side)
Select this option to transmit the backup data without encryption, and then encrypt the data prior to storage. During restore operation, the client decrypts the data.
Network and Media (Agent Side)
Select this option to encrypt the backup data before transmission and to store the encrypted data on the media. During restore operations, the client decrypts the data.
This is the default option.
Network Only (Agent Encrypts, MediaAgent Decrypts)
Select this option to encrypt the backup data before transmission and then to decrypt the data before storing on the media. During restore operations the MediaAgent encrypts the data and then decrypts the data on the client.
- Click OK.
- in the Subclient Properties dialog box that appears, click OK.
Last modified: 11/28/2018 9:57:03 PM