Registering an Account with CommVault Token
Before you can generate a PIN by using CommVault Token, you must register your account.
To register, you enter your CommCell account information and your secret key into the application. After the account is registered, the account information is encoded and stored in the commvault.token file located in the user directory, for example, C:\Users\jsmith. If you delete the commvault.token file, all of the accounts in the desktop CommVault Token application are removed.
Note: You can have more than one CommCell account registered with the application. Each account needs its own secret key.
Before You Begin
You must have a secret key. For information about obtaining a secret key, see Two-Factor Authentication - Obtaining a Secret Key.
- Open the CommVault Token application by double-clicking the authenticator.jar file.
- Click Add Account and enter the following details:
- Enter your CommCell user name in the User Name box.
- Enter the CommCell URL address in the CommServe URL box. For example:
- Enter the secret key provided in the e-mail in the Secret Key box.
- Click Add Account.
After you have registered an account, you are redirected to the home screen where you can see:
- The PIN and your CommCell account.
- The time remaining before the PIN expires. PINs are valid for 30 seconds.
Last modified: 10/18/2018 2:56:52 PM