Deleting a User Group Using the Command Line Interface
Use XML to delete a user group and transfer the ownership of entities such as alerts, scheduled policies, and workflows from the deleted user group to another user or user group.
You can include the XML parameters in the xml file, or you can specify them on the command line when they frequently change. For more information on command line parameters and XML elements, see Command Line - Syntax.
- Run the qlogin command to log on to the CommServe computer.
- Download the delete_user_group_template.xml file to the computer where you will run the command.
- To define the parameter values, do either of the following:
- Open the delete_user_group_template.xml file and update the XML parameters.
- Type the parameters on the command line using the following format: -parameter_name parameter_value.
For information on supported parameters, see XML Parameters for User Group Operations.
- On the command line, go to software_installation_directory/Base and type the following command and include any parameters not defined in the .xml file:
qoperation execute -af delete_user_group_template.xml
- Run the qlogout command to log off the CommServe computer.
The following command deletes the "consultants" user group and transfers ownership to the "administrators" user group. In this example, the parameters are listed on the command line:
qoperation execute -af delete_user_group_template.xml -userGroupEntity/userGroupName consultants -transferAllFromOldUser 1 -newUserGroup/userGroupName administrators
Last modified: 4/30/2018 8:31:56 PM