CommCell Performance Tuning - Tuning the Performance of 10Gbps Ethernet Environment
Follow the guidelines given below to improve the performance of data movement in a 10 Gigabits-per-second Ethernet environment:
- Reduce the fragmentation to 128MB. For more information refer to Reduce Fragmentation of Data on a Mount Path.
- Do not modify the value of the additional setting nNumPipelineBuffers.
- Set the block size between 256 KB to 512 KB. For more information, refer to Modifying the Properties of a Global Deduplication Policy.
- Optimize the MediaAgent for LAN free backup. For more information, refer to Best Practices for Shared Disk Libraries.
- Enable TCP Offload engine on the HBA.
- Deploy multiple 10GB ports on a MediaAgent. One port will be available for client input traffic and one port of Disk Library output traffic.
Last modified: 8/10/2018 3:28:22 PM