Step 2: Install the Commvault Package
Use the Commvault package to set up a CommCell environment for protecting databases, file systems, and cloud applications.
Before You Begin
- Download the Commvault installer from the Cloud Services website.
- Verify that the computer where you plan to install the package satisfies the minimum requirements specified in System Requirements.
- Start the Commvault installer, select where to extract the installation files, and then click Extract.
- On the Language Selection page, select a language and then proceed to the next page.
- On the welcome page, select the I Agree check box and then proceed to the next page.
- On the Choose the Installation Type page, click Install packages on this computer and then proceed to the next page.
- On the Install Option page, click Add packages and then proceed to the next page.
- On the Select Packages page, select the following packages and then proceed to the next page:
- Active Directory
- Command Center
- File System Agent
- Virtual Server Agent
- CommCell Console
- Web Server
- Web Console
- Workflow Engine
Note: The installer will also auto-select other required packages.
- On the Select Hotfix Packages page, select the hotfix package that you want to install, and then proceed to the next page.
The installation starts.
- On the Client Computer Information page, the computer name and host name are automatically provided. Proceed to the next page.
- Complete the steps in the installation wizard.
- On the completion page, make a note of the Command Center URL and then click Finish.
What to Do Next
Provide the Command Center URL to backup administrators, database administrators, and other users that might need to access the console.
Last modified: 11/27/2019 4:35:18 PM