Adding an Owner to a Device
After the end-user Laptop package is installed on a device, the user who registers that device is automatically assigned as the device owner and can access the Web Console and the Edge Monitor tool. You can add additional owners to a device in the Command Center, so that the device can be managed by multiple users in the Web Console.
Users, domain users, and user groups can be device owners.
- From the navigation pane, go to Solutions > Laptops.
The Laptops page appears.
- In the Name column, click the laptop that you want to add an owner for.
The laptop page appears.
- Under Security, click Edit.
The Security dialog box appears.
- On the Owners tab, in the Enter user(s) or user group(s) box, add the user or user group as follows:
- To add a user, enter the user name.
- To add a domain user, enter the user name as domain_name\user_name.
- To add a CommCell group or an external user group, enter the user group name.
- Click Save.
Last modified: 6/28/2019 3:09:45 PM