Creating Oracle Storage Virtual Client
After installing the File System Core, File System, and Cloud Apps packages on the proxy client computer, you must create a virtual client to perform backup and restore operations.
Before You Begin
You must add an additional setting to enable Oracle Storage on the CommCell Console. For more information, see Enabling Oracle Storage on the CommCell Console.
- From the CommCell Browser, right-click Client Computers, and then click New Client > Cloud Storage > Oracle Storage.
The New Oracle Storage Client dialog box appears.
- On the General tab, provide the following details:
- In the Client Name box, type a name for the new virtual client.
- In the Instance Name box, type a name for the instance.
- In the Access Node box, select the proxy client computer where the Cloud Apps package is installed.
- In the Storage Policy box, select a storage policy for the backup and restore operations.
- In the Number of Data Backup Streams box, type the number of data streams to use for backups. The maximum value is 99.
Note: The number of streams must not exceed the maximum number configured in the subclient storage policy. The CommServe allocates streams depending on the availability of resources.
- On the Connection Details tab, provide the following details:
- In the Host URL box, type the Oracle Storage service account URL.
- In the User Name box, type the name of the Oracle Storage service account.
User name format: Storage-identity-domain-name:user-name
where user-name is the user name of your Oracle Public Cloud.
- In the Password box, type the password of Oracle Storage service account.
- Click OK.
The Commvault software creates an Oracle Storage virtual client that contains a default instance.
Last modified: 8/13/2019 9:53:07 AM