Creating Disk Network Storage Pool Using Command Line
Use the following sections to configure a Disk Network Storage Pool from the command line.
To configure Disk Network Storage Pools from the CommCell Console, see Configuring Disk Network Storage Pool.
Before You Begin
Configuration of a disk Network Storage Pool lets you create a disk library, configure storage policies, shares the MediaAgents and create the mount paths through a single wizard. If you do not want a dependent storage policy associated with the Global Deduplication Policy to be created automatically, then configure the Do not create dependent storage policy when creating a disk/cloud storage pool or a global deduplication policy parameter.
- Download the SP_creation.xml file and save it on the computer from where the command will be executed.
- Before running the command, review the Available Parameters.
- Execute the following command from the software_installation_directory/Base folder after substituting the parameter values.
qoperation execute -af <location>\SP_creation.xml -storagePolicyName xxxxx -maInfoList/mediaAgent/mediaAgentName xxxxx -path xxxxx -enableGlobalDeduplication 1 -hostGlobalDedupStore 1 -enableDeduplication 1 -clientGroup/clientGroupName xxxxx -storage/path xxxxx -storage/mediaAgent/mediaAgentName xxxxx
For example, run the following command to create a Disk Network Storage Pool with the following parameters:
- XML location: c:\downloads
- Storage policy (or the storage pool) name: storage001
- Deduplication MediaAgent: ma001
- Deduplication Database (DDB) path: c:\ddb001
- Client Group name: cg001
- Storage path: c:\storage
- Storage MediaAgent: ma002
qoperation execute -af c\downloads\SP_creation.xml -storagePolicyName storage001 -maInfoList/mediaAgent/mediaAgentName ma001 -path c:\ddb001 -enableGlobalDeduplication 1 -hostGlobalDedupStore 1 -enableDeduplication 1 -clientGroup/clientGroupName cg001 -storage/path c:\storage -storage/mediaAgent/mediaAgentName ma002
After the configuration the following will be available in the CommCell Console:
- A Global Deduplication Policy (Disk Network Storage Pool) under the Storage Pools node and under the Storage Policies node.
Note: After creating a Network Storage Pool, you can create a storage policy and assign it to the Network Storage Pool. For information see Creating a Storage Policy with Global Deduplication.
The following entities will be created and displayed under the Global Deduplication Policy (Disk Network Storage Pool) node in the CommCell Console:
- Deduplication Engines
- DDB and Partitions under the Deduplication Engines node
- Disk Library under the Storage node with Library as the name suffix
For example: storage001Library
- A storage policy associated with the Global Deduplication Policy under the Storage Policies node and with the string 'SystemCreateSP' added as a suffix to the name.
For example: storagepool-disk001_SystemCreateSP
- All the existing Global Deduplication Policies will appear as Storage Pools under the Storage Pools node.
- If you selected a client group, then all the MediaAgents of the client group are automatically:
- Shared with the library using the DataServer-IP transport type
- Added as a data path on the Global Deduplication Policy
- Added as a data path on the storage policy associated with the Global Deduplication Policy
What to Do Next
- You can assign the storage policy copy to any subclient and start the data protection operations. For more information on configuring subclients, see agent specific documentation.
- You can add additional storage to the Disk Network Storage Pool.
- You can add additional MediaAgents to the Network Storage Pool.
Last modified: 10/14/2019 9:40:08 AM