Preinstallation Checklist for the SQL Server Agent on Linux
Use this preinstallation checklist to prepare the computer where you will install the SQL Server Agent and to gather all the information required during the installation.
Verify System Requirements
Verify that the computer where you will install the Microsoft SQL Server Agent satisfies the minimum requirements. For more information, see System Requirements - SQL Server Agent.
Verify License Requirements
Based on the licensing mechanism used in your CommCell environment, verify that the CommCell has the required licenses to use the SQL Server Agent. For more information, see License Requirements - SQL Server Agent.
Determine the Installation Location
Based on your environment, install the SQL Server Agent on the appropriate computer.
Where to install the software
On the computer where the SQL Server resides
Gather Installation Data
Refer to the items in this section to gather the information that you will need during the installation. Record the information before you begin installing the software so that you can refer to it during the installation.
You can install the SQL Server Agent by using either the CommCell Console or the installation package created by the Download Manager. Any item that applies to only one of these installation methods is noted.
Commvault Package to Install
- For installations using the CommCell Console, install the SQL package, which is under the Database category.
- For installations using the installation package, install the SQL package.
Note: If the File System Agent is not installed on the computer, the File System Core and File System packages are automatically installed with the package you selected. The File System Agent will not consume a license.
For more information on the package options and to gather the required information for the File System Agent, refer to "Gather Installation Data" in the Preinstallation Checklist for the UNIX, Linux, and Macintosh File System Agent.
Client Computer Details
If the File System Agent, or another package, is already installed on the computer, you are not required to gather all the computer details again. The level of detail depends on how the package you selected is installed, as follows:
- For installations using the CommCell Console, the installation program requests only the name of the client computer.
- For installations using the installation package, the installation program reads the details from the previous installation.
UNIX Group and Access Permissions
If you did not assign a UNIX group during the installation of the File System agent, do the following during the installation:
- Assign the UNIX group that is used by the database application.
- Include the database users into the group. You will be able to set the access permissions for the group. By default, read/write/execute permissions are granted to the UNIX group.
Last modified: 10/22/2019 8:56:15 PM