Creating a MySQL Instance to Enable XtraBackup
To run a MySQL backup operation using XtraBackup utility, create a new MySQL instance.
Before You Begin
Install Percona XtraBackup on a client computer where you will create a new instance to run MySQL backup operation using XtraBackup utility.
- From the CommCell Browser, navigate to Client Computers | client.
- Right-click MySQL, point to All Tasks, and then click New MySql Server.
- In the Server Name box, type a name for the new MySQL instance that you are creating.
- In the Unix UserName box, type the user name of the UNIX computer on which MySQL Server is installed.
- In the SA User Name box, click Change.
Type the MySQL administrator user name. In the Account Password box, enter the account password for the administrator user account. In the Confirm Password box, reenter the password.
- In the Binary Directory box, enter the path to the directory where the MySQL application files are stored.
Alternatively, click Browse to select the location.
- In the Log Data Directory box, enter the directory name where the log files are stored.
- In the Config File box, enter the path to the configuration file.
- Enter the path name to the socket file in the Socket File box.
Note: If you have multiple instances installed on the client computer, make sure that the Binary Directory, Log Data Directory, and the Config File locations, and the Port number or Socket file path are different for each instance that you want to back up.
- Select the Enable XtraBackup check box.
- In the XtraBackup Bin Path box, click Browse to select the folder that contains XtraBackup binaries.
- In the Command Line Backup Storage Policy box, select the storage policy name.
- In the Log Backup Storage Policy box, select the storage policy name.
- Click OK.
Last modified: 6/4/2018 11:45:23 AM