Enabling Backup Operation during a Failover
In case of a failover of the master server, the standby server can be brought up as a new master server.
If a standby instance is already added to the new master server, no further configuration is required. The backup operation can run seamlessly.
If no replication is set for the new master server and a standby server is not available, follow these steps to configure the master server before running a backup operation.
- From the CommCell Browser, expand Client Computers > master client > PostgreSQL.
- Right-click the new master instance, and then click Properties.
The Properties of PostgreSQL Instance dialog box appears.
- On the Standby Settings tab, select options to run backup operation from the master server:
- To run a backup operation from the master server if standby server is not available, select the Use master if standby is unavailable check box.
- To run a log backup operation from the master server, select the Always use master for log backup check box.
- Click OK.
Last modified: 5/21/2018 6:41:25 AM