Disabling MAPI Over HTTP
Applies to: Exchange 2013 or later, User Mailbox
For Exchange 2013 or later, backups require RPC over HTTP. If you have MAPI over HTTP enabled, you must disable it before you configure accounts for Exchange 2013 or later.
- Log on to the access node where you plan to install the application.
Use the credentials for the Windows account.
- In Windows on the client computer, click Start, and then type regedit in the Search programs and files box.
- Press Enter.
The Registry Editor appears.
- Expand HKEY_CURRENT_USER > Software > Microsoft > Exchange.
- Right-click Exchange, and then click New > DWORD.
A new DWORD entry appears in the right pane.
- Right-click the new DWORD entry, and then click Rename.
- Type MapiHttpDisabled.
- Right-click the MapiHttpDisabled entry, and then click Modify.
The Edit DWORD Value dialog box appears.
- In the Value box, type 00000001, and then click OK.
- Close the Registry Editor.
- Verify that the protocol has been changed to RPC over HTTP.
- Restart Microsoft Outlook.
- Press Ctrl and right-click the Microsoft Outlook icon in the notification area at the far right of the task bar.
- Click Connection Status.
The Microsoft Exchange Connection Status dialog box appears.
- Verify that the value in the Protocol column is RPC/HTTP.
- If the value is HTTP, delete the Microsoft Outlook profile, and then recreate it using the same service account.
Last modified: 3/11/2018 10:15:13 PM