Editing VM Group Settings for Google Cloud Platform
For an existing VM group, you can modify options that affect backups.
- From the navigation pane, go to Solutions > Virtualization.
The Hypervisors tab appears.
- Click the hypervisor.
The hypervisor page appears. The VM groups area displays summary information for any existing VM groups.
- Click a VM group.
The VM group details page appears.
- On the Configuration tab, under Settings, you can edit the following options:
Backup: Click Jobs to see job history for the selected VM group. Click Back up now to run a full, incremental or synthetic full data protection operation.
Content: Click Manage to add instances or instance rules to VM group content.
Security: Click Edit to define or update security associations on the VM group.
Plan: Click Edit to associate a plan to the VM group (storage policy).
Storage Targets: Click Edit to select a data storage policy.
Schedules: Click Add Schedule to add a new schedule. Click the name of an existing schedule to make changes.
Alerts: Select from the list of existing alerts to add users or groups to notify. If necessary, you can also delete the alert.
- To modify the plan or policy associated with the VM group, click Edit in the Plan area or the Policies area.
The name of the area depends on whether the VM group was defined to use a backup plan that was created in the Command Center or a storage policy that was created in the CommCell Console. You cannot change that selection for an existing VM group, but you can select a different plan or policy, as follows:
- When editing the Plan setting, you can select a plan that was previously defined in the Command Center.
- When editing the Policies setting, you can make the following changes:
- From the Storage policy list, you can select a storage policy that was previously defined in the CommCell Console or a plan that was defined in the Command Center.
- Optional: You can select a schedule policy that was previously defined in the CommCell Console.
- Click Save.
Last modified: 6/3/2019 8:16:52 PM