Creating a Public Share Link on Apple Devices
You can generate a public URL for a file or folder from the Commvault Edge App on your Apple device and share the URL with other users. Using public share link, you can share files and folders with external users (who are not part of the CommCell group or client owners).
When the file is sent as a link, the user always receives the latest version of the file.
To access the public URL, the users do not require a Web Console account. When users access the URL, they can directly browse the shared folders and download the shared files. If the shared file is content indexed, users can see a preview of the shared file. In addition, you can set an expiry date for the URL. After the specified number of days, the URL is not accessible.
When you create a public share, you can allow secured access by setting a password for the public URL. Users are prompted to type the password to view the shared URL.
Before You Begin
Make sure you have Sharing capability assigned to your user account and the files and folders are backed up. Contact your administrator to assign the capability.
- Under My Files on the home screen, tap the client name and navigate to the drive, folder or subfolder where the file resides.
To access Edge Drive files, under My Drive on the home screen, tap Drive.
- Tap the icon next to the file name, and then tap Get Link.
- The public URL to view the shared file or folder is displayed.
To create a public URL with edit permissions, tap Edit.
- Tap Copy and share the URL to other users.
To share the URL using other apps on your device, tap Share link and select the app.
- You can also configure the following options:
- To set an expiry date for the share, select the Expire Link check box and then select a date from the calendar.
- To set a password for the public URL, tap the Set Password check box and type a password in the text box.
- Tap Update at the upper-right corner of the screen, and then tap Close.
The shared file or folder appears under My Shares > Shared by me > Public list.
To modify or un-share a file:
- From the My Shares > Shared by me > Public list, tap the icon next to the file or folder and change the sharing options.
- Tap Update to apply the changes, and then tap Close.
Last modified: 5/4/2018 4:07:01 PM