Failover a Node
By default, when a failover occurs, the operating system automatically takes care of the activities to make sure that the failover is seamless. But in the event of a power failure in one of the nodes, the failover may stall. In such a situation, a manual failover must be performed once the power the restored.
Use the following steps to perform a manual failover:
- Access the Virtualization Manager by typing the following URL in a Web Browser:
https://<Control Host Name>/ovirt-engine
For example: http://mycontrolhost.mydomian.com/ovirt-engine
- Click Administration Portal.
- Type the login credentials to access the Virtualization Manager.
Tip: Type admin as the user name and the root password provided for the CommServe Server during the setup.
The Dashboard will be displayed in the Red Hat Virtualization window.
- Click the Hosts tab.
- Right click the <active MediaAgent node>, click Management and then click the Confirm "host" has been Rebooted option.
The active node is indicated with an 'yellow' icon.
Note: Make sure that the node is rebooted before selecting this option.
- Click the Virtual Machines tab.
- Right click the Hosted Engine and then click Migrate.
- Click the Select Destination Host option, select the name of the node to failover from the list and then click OK.
- The currently active MediaAgent will be migrated to the selected node.
- If open, restart Command Center and/or CommCell Console as the existing connection will be lost as a result of the failover.
Last modified: 12/31/2018 7:42:32 PM