Library and Drive Sharing Across CommCells - Frequently Asked Questions
Why is the drive showing as mounted by other cell on all CommCells?
If a drive had a media mounted before configuration, then after configuring it in a Library Server library, the Barcode status of the drive across CommCells will be displayed as Mounted by another Commcell and will not be available for use.
To work around this issue, on the source CommServe, unmount the media using arm tool from the <Installation_Directory>\Base folder and reset the library.
Can I configure the Library Server on a clustered MediaAgent?
No. The Library Server configuration on a clustered MediaAgent is not supported.
Can I delete the deconfigured Clients from the source CommCell?
No. After Library Server configuration, it is not recommended to delete the deconfigured clients from the source CommCell (i.e., target MediaAgent client on which library is configured and the target CommServe client). Deleting these clients may result in undesirable functionality problems.
Can I delete the deconfigured Clients from the target CommCell?
No. If you have Library Server configured, you cannot delete the deconfigured clients (i.e., Library Server MediaAgent client and the CommServe client from which the Library Server MediaAgent was pushed) from the target CommCell. If you try to delete the Library Server MediaAgent client or source CommServe clients, the following Warning message will be displayed.
Deleting these deconfigured clients from target CommCell is not recommended, unless you wish to deconfigure this CommCell from the Library Server. To deconfigure the registered CommCell, see Deconfiguring Registered CommCell from Library Server.
Warning While deleting Library Server MediaAgent client
Warning while deleting Source CommServe Client
Can I configure the Library Server library for additional MediaAgents?
After Library Server configuration, if you wish to configure Library Server library for additional MediaAgent(s), then perform the following steps:
- From the CommCell Console, click Storage tab and then click Expert Storage Configuration icon.
- Under Available MediaAgents, select the MediaAgent(s) that is attached to the library and on which the library needs to be configured and then click Add >>.
- Click OK.
- From the Expert Storage Configuration dialog box, expand Library Server library.
- Right-click Library Controller and then click Configure for All Selected MediaAgents.
Can I modify the Client or Host Names of the deconfigured Clients from source and target CommCells?
No. It is not recommended to modify the client name and host name of the deconfigured clients such as:
- Library Server MediaAgent client and the source CommServe client in target CommCell.
- Target MediaAgent client on which library is configured and the target CommServe client in source CommCell.
Last modified: 3/1/2018 8:24:43 PM