HPE StoreOnce Catalyst Library - Support
HPE StoreOnce Catalyst libraries can be configured using any supported MediaAgent. For a list of MediaAgents supported by Commvault software, see MediaAgent: System Requirements.
See Also: For more information on Storage Accelerator support, see Accelerating Backups to HPE Catalyst Storage Library.
Supported HPE StoreOnce Software Versions
The following software versions in HPE StoreOnce appliances are supported:
- For 3rd generation:
- HPE StoreOnce Appliance, the supported minimum version is 3.18.5.
- For Cloud Bank storage, the supported minimum version is 3.18.7.
- For 4th generation:
- HPE StoreOnce Appliance, the supported minimum version is 4.1.0.
- For Cloud Bank storage, the supported minimum version is 4.1.1.
- The HPE Catalyst Storage library supports all the operations available in a Disk Library.
- One mount path per library is supported.
- Move mount path is not supported.
- As the options for deduplication, data compression and data encryption are provided in the device, these options are not available in the Storage Policy Copy associated with a HPE Catalyst Storage library.
- Chunk size cannot be controlled from the MediaAgent using the DMMBCHUNKSIZE additional setting. For more information on this additional setting, see CommCell Performance Tuning - Controlling the Chunk Size in the MediaAgent.
- The following information on copies must be noted:
- Source side deduplication is supported.
- Synthetic fulls uses the Catalyst Clone feature to copy data without reading data back to the MediaAgent.
- Auxiliary copy uses the Catalyst Copy feature to copy data. (Auxiliary copy to another StoreOnce, tape and/or disk media is supported.)
- Inline Copies and Parallel copies are not supported.
Last modified: 4/15/2019 8:59:20 PM