Restoring Messages and Public Folders to a PST File Using the Exchange Mailbox Agent
You can restore a mailbox, a message, or a mailbox item to a PST file.
The size of the PST file is limited based on the version of Microsoft Outlook that you use. For Microsoft Outlook 2007, the PST cannot be larger than 15 GB. For Microsoft Outlook 2010 or later, the PST file cannot be larger than 30 GB. If you try to restore a data set that is larger than the PST size limit, the restore will fail. You can choose to restore large data sets to multiple PST files that are less than or equal to the value that you define. These PST files cannot be larger than 45 GB.
Note: In case of public folders, all the public folder data can be browsed from the user mailbox subclient level.
- From the CommCell Console, expand Client Computers > client > agent > backup_set.
- On the Content tab, right-click the subclient, and then click Browse and Restore.
The Browse and Restore dialog box appears.
- Click View Content.
- In the left pane of the Client Browse window, expand to a mailbox, message, mailbox item, or public folder and then click Recover All Selected.
The Restore Options for All Selected Items dialog box appears.
- Select To PST File.
- From the Destination Client list, select the name of the appropriate client computer.
- In the To PST File area, type the path to the location where you want to restore the PST file, including the PST file name with the .pst extension.
If you want to restore the PST file to a network location, type the UNC path to the location, including the PST file name with the .pst extension.
- If you want to restore a large data set to multiple PST files, select the Limit PST size to (GB) check box, and then enter a size value.
The size limit cannot be greater than 45 GB.
- User Mailbox and Journal Mailbox only: If you want to create a single PST file that is common to all users or a separate PST file for each individual user, select the appropriate option in the PST Restore Options section.
- To create a single PST file, select Create Common PST for all users, and then select either a merged folder hierarchy for all users or a preserved folder hierarchy for each user.
- To create separate PST files, select Create separate PSTs per user, and then select the appropriate folder naming convention from the corresponding list.
- Click OK.
Last modified: 7/14/2021 9:21:44 PM