Preinstallation Checklist for the Exchange Offline Mining Tool
|Note: Live Browse replaces the Exchange Offline Mining Tool. For more information, see Recovering Messages from an Offline Exchange Database.|
The Exchange Offline Mining Tool is a stand-alone console used to locate email messages from an offline copy of the Exchange database.
Use this preinstallation checklist to prepare the computer where the Exchange Offline Mining Tool will be installed and to gather all of the information you will need during the installation.
Verify System Requirements
There are no minimum system requirements for the Exchange Offline Mining Tool.
Verify License Requirements
The Exchange Offline Mining Tool does not require a license.
Determine the Installation LocationInstall the Exchange Offline Mining Tool on the Windows Server client that has Microsoft Outlook 2010 or later installed.
Supported Exchange Server Versions
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 to 2013.
Preconfigure the Exchange ServerFor installing the Exchange Offline Mining Tool on Exchange 2013:
- Install Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2012. For instructions, see Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2012.
- If you installed Exchange Server 2013 SP1 (minimum) or a later service pack, download the appropriate Microsoft Security Advisory Package as described in the Microsoft Support article "Microsoft Security Advisory: Insecure library loading could allow remote code execution": http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2533623. Install the package on the same client where the Exchange Offline Mining Tool is installed.
Gather Installation Data
Refer to the items in this section to gather the information that you will need during the installation. Record the information before you begin installing the software, so you can refer to it during the installation.
You can install the Exchange Offline Mining Tool using either the CommCell Console or the installation package created by the Download Manager. Any item that applies to only one of these installation methods is noted.
- Commvault package to install
Exchange Offline Mining Tool package, which is listed under the
If the File System Agent is not installed on the computer, the File System Core package is automatically installed with the package you selected. The File System Agent will not consume any license.
To gather the required information for the File System Agent, refer to the Gather Installation Data section in the Preinstallation Checklist for the Windows File System Agent.
- Client computer details
If the File System Agent, or another package, is already installed on the computer, you are not required to gather all the computer details again. The level of detail depends on how the package you selected is installed:
- For installations using the CommCell Console, the installation program requests only the name of the client computer.
- For installations using the installation package, the installation program reads the details from the previous installation.