Controlling the Client Owners Who Can See Alerts in the Web Console
You can control which client owners can see the subscription-based alerts in the Web Console. This prevents restricted client owners from subscribing to or unsubscribing from the subscription-based alerts created by the administrator. For information on creating subscription-based alerts, see Setting Up Subscription-Based Alerts.
- On the CommServe computer, add the bEnableSecurityForSubscriptionAlerts additional setting:
Property Value Name bEnableSecurityForSubscriptionAlerts Category CommServDB.GxGlobalParam Type Boolean Value True
For instructions on adding the additional setting from the CommCell Console, see Add or Modify an Additional Setting.
- Set the security for the client owners:
- For client owners who should not see subscription-based alerts in the Web Console, no configuration is required after the additional setting is added and set to true.
- For client owners who should see subscription-based alerts in the Web Console, create a security association for the client owner that includes the following:
- A role that includes the Edit Alert Associations permission.
- The subscription-based alerts the client owner should see.
For instructions on creating a security association for a client owner, see Administering the Security Associations of a User.