Configuration for Oracle Database Application Migration to the Oracle Cloud
You must have an Oracle cloud account that contains an image.
The following options are available for Oracle cloud compute creation:
- After you create an Oracle image, you can create the cloud compute.
- When you perform the migration, configure the Commvault software to create the cloud compute.
For instructions on creating the following items in Oracle, see Oracle Cloud.
- Create an Oracle account.
- Create an Oracle Linux instance. For information, see Oracle cloud website, Creating Instances.
This is the image that hosts the cloud compute instance.
- If you do not have a key pair, you must create one. For more information, go to the Oracle cloud website, Enabling Secure Access to Instances Using SSH.
Note: You must generate the SSH key by using the ssh-keygen command.
Record all of the Oracle information, before you start the Commvault configuration.
Oracle database application migration uses the File System Agent to move the Oracle application. You must have a storage policy configured for the default file system subclient (Subclient Properties dialog box, Storage Device tab, Storage Policy) and the Oracle default subclient (Subclient Properties dialog box, Storage Device tab, Data Storage Policy). If both are administered, the software uses the file system subclient storage policy.
- Install the workflow engine.
- If you have not done so, install the Oracle Agent.
For more information, see Getting Started with Oracle.
Note: The instance that you want to migrate must be configured to automatically include the control file in the backup (Instance Properties dialog box, Details tab, Control File Autobackup set to On).
- If you have not already done so, install a MediaAgent.
For more information, see MediaAgent Installations.
- Install the File System Agent.
For more information, see Deployment - UNIX/Linux File System Agent.
- Make sure that the file system data set is accessible.
- Configure a storage policy, and then assign the storage policy to the file system default subclient for the default backup set.
For more information, see Configuration - Linux File System.
- If the CommServe does not have a public IP address, specify the public IP address for Oracle Database Application Migration.
- Enable client data collection for Oracle database application migration.
- Configure an Oracle virtual client.
You can install the Virtual Server Agent on the MediaAgent host.
For more information, see Creating an Oracle Cloud Client.
Note: When you create the client, the Commvault software creates a client group that has the same name as the virtual client.
- Create a VM lifecycle policy for Oracle.
For more information, see Creating a VM Lifecycle Policy for Oracle Cloud.
- Configure the firewall settings for application migration. For more information, see Application Migration Firewall Overview.