Enabling CommCell Console Authentication of Third Party Command Line Jobs
You can use this additional setting to have the CommCell Console authenticate third party database (for example, RMAN) backup and restore jobs to ensure that the user has the correct credentials and has included a valid token file in the job request.
When this additional setting is enabled, the user that initiates the third party command line backup and restore job is displayed in the job manager and reports.
This procedure applies to the following agents:
- Oracle RAC
- SAP HANA
- SAP Oracle
- SAP MaxDB
Best Practice: Inform users that when they use third party command line operations, they must use qlogin (with the -f option) to generate a token file and then supply the token file in the third party command line operations.
Note: When you enable this additional setting for jobs that run on a DB2 database, you must enable this setting on the client, instance and database so that the backup and restore jobs that run from the CommCell Console can retrieve the logs.
- From the CommCell Browser, right-click CommServe node and then click Properties.
- In the CommCell Properties dialog box, click the Additional Settings tab and then click Add.
- In the Add Additional Settings dialog box, enter the details for the additional setting:
- In the Name box, type JM_ENABLE_THIRD_PARTY_JOB_AUTHENTICATION.
- In the Category box, select CommServDB.GxGlobalParam.
- In the Type box, select Integer.
- In the Value box, type 1 to have the CommCell Console authenticate jobs.
- Click OK to close the Add Additional Settings dialog box.
- Click OK to close the CommServe Properties dialog box.