Registering Commvault Appliance A410 or A210
After changing the default Windows administrator password, you must register the Commvault Appliance A410 or A210 on the Cloud Service Web site and obtain a permanent license. By default, the appliance is configured with an evaluation license, which is valid for 30 days.
Before You Begin
Ensure the following:
- The installation and configuration of the Commvault Appliance A410 or A210 is complete as described in Installing the CommServe and MediaAgent on the Commvault Appliance A410 or A210 or Installing the MediaAgent on Commvault Appliance A410 or A210.
- To register the appliance and to procure a permanent license, you must have the appliance serial number. Run the following command to view the appliance serial number:
wmic /node:HOSTNAME bios get serialnumber
Where: HOSTNAME is the full computer name.
The appliance serial number will be displayed in the following format:
C:\Users\Administrator>wmic /node:HOSTNAME bios get serialnumber
- On the Desktop, click Start > All Programs > Commvault CommCell Console.
A message is displayed, indicating the date on which the evaluation license will expire. The message also contains a link to register the appliance and apply for a permanent license.
- Click here to register register as a new cloud user.
To register as a new cloud user, go to the Commvault Cloud Services.
- On the New Cloud User window, type the appropriate registration details.
- Click Register to register as a new cloud user.
- After registering, you will receive an Email confirming your cloud service account credentials.
- To register the Commvault Appliance A410 or A210, go to the Commvault Cloud Services.
- To logon, type the user credentials and click Login.
- Select the option depending on your appliance status:
If you are registering a new appliance, select Create new CommCell.
If you are adding appliance to an existing CommCell, select Add to existing CommCell.
- Type the appropriate system details and click the Register Appliance(s) button.
- After registering, you will obtain the permanent license for the Commvault Appliance in an Email.
- Apply the permanent license.
For more information on applying the permanent license, see Switching from Evaluation License to Permanent License.
What to Do Next
After registering the Commvault Appliance A410 or A210, verify the components that were configured by default during the installation.
For more information, see Verifying the Default Configurations.