Configuring the Analytics Engine for ObjectStore
Data stored in the ObjectStore is indexed using the Analytics Engine.
- Install the Analytics package on a MediaAgent in your CommCell environment. For information about installing the Analytics package, see Installing the Analytics Engine.
Note: MediaAgents that were installed in your CommCell environment before Service Pack 6 included the Analytics package. If you configured the Analytics Engine on an MediaAgent before SP6, then you do not have to install the Analytics package. However, if you did not configure the Analytics Engine on a MediaAgent that was installed before SP6 and then upgrade the MediaAgent to the latest service pack, then you must install the Analytics package. For more information about configuring the Analytics Engine on MediaAgents installed before SP6, see Upgrade Considerations for MediaAgents with Analytics Engine.
- If you are not the CommCell administrator, you must have a security association that includes a role with the Agent Management or Administrative Management permission and an association with the MediaAgent you select as the engine. For information on adding a security association to a user, see Administering the Security Associations of a User.
- From the CommCell Browser, expand Storage Resources > MediaAgents.
- Right-click the MediaAgent you want to use for the Analytics Engine, and then click Properties.
- On the Analytics Engine tab, select the Configure Analytics Engine check box.
- Next to Index Directory, click Browse and select a location on the MediaAgent to store the ObjectStore index.
- Optional: If you want to increase the Java Virtual Memory (JVM) limit, in the Java Max Memory (MB) box, type the maximum memory in megabytes that can be allocated to the JVM.
Note: The value for Java Max Memory cannot exceed the maximum amount of free memory on the system.
- In the Available Analytics Engine Type list, click Edge Drive and then click the right arrow button (>).
Edge Drive appears in the Configured Analytics Engine Type list.
- Click OK.