Configuring Hardware Compression
The hardware compression can be configured on the data path of the storage policy copy.
Before You Begin
- The hardware compression is only supported by tape libraries. Hardware compression is not applicable for disk library.
- When using hardware compression for data protection operations involving the NAS agent, note the following:
- For a tape drive attached to a NetApp file server, hardware compression is always on.
- For a tape drive attached to a Hitachi HNAS (BlueArc) or EMC Celerra file server, hardware compression can be configured on the data path.
- For any of the NAS agents, when using a drive pool configured to a MediaAgent, hardware compression can be configured on the data path.
- From the CommCell Browser, expand Policies > Storage Policies > storage_policy.
- Right-click the appropriate storage policy copy and click Properties.
- In the Copy Properties dialog box, click the Data Paths tab.
- Click the data path for which you wish to change the hardware compression and then click Properties.
- In the Data Path Properties dialog box, select the Hardware Compression check box.
- Click OK and then click OK to close the Copy Properties dialog box.