Modifying Software Compression on a Subclient or Instance
By default, data is transferred according to compression settings defined by the storage policy copy. You can modify software compression settings on a specific subclient or on an instance.
Note: Subclients that are associated to storage policy with source-side deduplication, the software compression always occurs on a client.
Before you Begin
If subclient is associated to a subclient policy, modify the compression settings on a subclient policy.
For database agents, where third-party backups are run, the software compression settings need to be modified in the Instance properties.
- From the CommCell Browser, expand Client Computers > client > agent > backupset.
- Right-click the subclient or instance, and then click Properties.
- In the Subclient Properties dialog box, click the Storage Device tab.
- On the Data Transfer Option tab, under Software Compression, configure the appropriate compression settings:
- To compress data on the client, click On Client.
- To compress data on the MediaAgent, click On MediaAgent.
- To compress data according to the settings in the storage policy copy, click Using Storage Policy Settings.
- To transfer data without compression, click Off.
- Click OK.