Deduplication - Reconstruct Dedupe Database Options Dialog
Use this dialog box to perform an on-demand or manual reconstruct of the deduplication database (DDB) for a storage policy copy.
Select Source MediaAgent
Allow maximum number of Streams to be used in parallel
No of Streams to be used in parallel
Reconstruct entire DDB without using a previous recovery backup
- For single DDB, if DDB backup data is in invalid or unusable state.
- For multiple partitioned DDB:
- If the DDB backup data of one of the offline partitions is in unusable state. In this scenario, the full recovery will be performed only for the offline partition(s).
- If all partitions of the DDB are offline and if during the DDB reconstruction the system finds that one of the partitions DDB backup data is unusable. In this scenario, the full recovery will be performed for all partitions.
When selected, the reconstruction job performs the following actions:
- Deletes the existing partition(s).
- Reads the entire data on the disk.
- Recreates a new partition(s) from the deduplicated data read on the disk.
Full reconstruction job can be a time-consuming process, because the full disk needs to be read during the recovery operation.
Save As Script
When you save an operation as a script, each option in the dialog will have a corresponding XML parameter in the script file. When executing the script, you can modify the value for any of these XML parameters as per need.