Creating a Storage Policy Copy with Global Deduplication
You can create a storage policy copy with deduplication and assign it to a global deduplication policy.
Before You Begin
Before assigning a storage policy copy to a global deduplication policy, consider these guidelines:
- Global deduplication policy must be assigned at the time of storage policy or copy creation.
When assigned, you can neither change nor disable global deduplication policy.
- Existing storage policy copies cannot be configured for global deduplication.
- Also, no two storage policy copies in a storage policy can be associated with the same global deduplication policy.
- When configuring global deduplication between copies, ensure that the MediaAgents of all copies have access to the DDB.
- If multiple MediaAgents are used, then the disk library that contains the DDB must be configured as a static share library.
- From the CommCell Browser, expand Policies > Storage Policies.
- Right-click the appropriate storage policy and then click All Tasks > Create New Copy.
- In the Copy Properties dialog box, enter the appropriate information.
- In the Copy Name box, type a name for the copy.
- From the Library list, select the disk library.
- From the MediaAgent list, select the name of a MediaAgent.
- Select the Global Deduplication Policy check box, and then select the name of a global deduplication policy from the list.
- Click OK.
- In the Auxiliary Copy Schedule dialog box, click OK to accept the default schedule.
The storage policy copy appears under the appropriate storage policy.