Disabling Physical Pruning of Data
You can enable or disable physical pruning of data during peak backup hours.
Before you Begin
- To perform this action, you must have either Storage Policy Management capability or MediaAgent Management capability. If you have MediaAgent Management capability, the value for the configuration Provide user with MediaAgent management rights additional capabilities for libraries, data paths, and storage policies must be set to 1 to be able to perform this action. For more information, see Media Management Configuration: Service Configuration.
- You can disable ongoing pruning operations only on version 11 MediaAgents.
- From the CommCell Browser, expand Storage Resources > Deduplication Engines > storage_policy_copy.
- Right-click the deduplication_database, and then click Properties.
- In the Deduplication Database Properties dialog box, clear the Enable Physical Pruning check box to prevent physical pruning.
Exception: The Enable Physical Pruning option is unavailable for migrated deduplication databases.
- Click OK.