Modifying the Properties of a Global Deduplication Policy Primary Copy
If you have set up a global deduplication policy for your environment, you can change the global deduplication policy primary copy property values.
Note: Global policies may be hidden under the Storage policies node using a Media Management Configuration parameter. See Include Global Policies in Storage Policy list for more information.
- From the CommCell Browser, expand Policies > Storage Policy > global_deduplication_policy.
- Right-click the primary copy and then click Properties.
- In the Copy Properties dialog box, click the Deduplication tab and choose how you want to modify the deduplication database (DDB) settings.
Goal Option Modify DDB information, such as setting:
- Minimum free space that must be available at all times on the volume on which the DDB in hosted
- Free space warning for DDB
- Rules for creating DDB
See DDB Information. Modify DDB settings, such as:
- Setting the number of days after which a data block cannot be used for deduplication.
- Compression for all subclients associated with the storage policy copy.
- DDB priming to refer signatures from sealed DDBs to identify existing data blocks, and minimize the data transfer payload.
- DDB Recovery.
- Click OK.