Full System Recovery: SAP Oracle Agent
A full system recovery of a SAP for Oracle client involves the following phases:
Preparing for a Full System Recovery
Before you begin a disaster recovery, make sure to perform the following:
- Perform regular backups of application files along with their binaries. Frequent backups of log and data with control files will also be helpful for a successful disaster recovery.
- Make sure to restore the configuration files before performing a disaster recovery.
- Make sure to install the SAP application in the destination client and create an empty instance in the same directory structure as existing in the source client.
Full System Recovery
You can recover the SAP for Oracle database in the event of a disaster using one of the following methods:
- Restoring the SAP Oracle Database from the CommCell Console
- Restoring SAP Oracle Database from the SAP Command Line Interface