Full System Recovery of Informix Database: Rebuilding the Operating System
In the case of disaster recovery, where a full system restore is required, you must first rebuild the system to exactly the state as it existed before the problem
Before You Begin
This procedure assumes the following:
- Latest file system, Informix backups, ixbar file, and ONCONFIG file are available.
- File system backup does not include the Informix databases. (This is done by filtering the entire dbspace directory.)
- Rebuild the hardware if needed.
- Install the same version of the operating system with the same patches that were previously installed.
- Install the File System Agent on the client.
- Perform a full system restore of the File System Agent. In addition to restoring to your operating system, this operation will restore the Informix application files and all of the Agent software.
- Reboot the machine.
If there are any problems with the Informix Agent software, we recommend that you un-install and re-install the software in the same drive where it was previously installed. Use the same installation parameters, passwords, and backup type settings as were previously used.