Downloading Media Explorer
Where to DownloadThe Media Explorer software should be downloaded on a new computer.
Before You Begin
Verify that the computer in which you want to use the software satisfies the minimum requirements specified in System Requirements.
PrerequisitesYou must have a user account on the Cloud Services Web site. For instructions, see Getting Access to the Cloud Services Web Site.
- In your Web browser, navigate to https://cloud.commvault.com/webconsole/applications
- Log into Cloud Services.
- Click Download Center.
- Under Category, click Tools.
- Click Media Explorer.
- Choose the appropriate bit version of the tool (Windows-x64 or Windows-x86) and click Download.
- If prompted, save the file to the download location on your local computer.
- Once the download completes Run the program.
Or navigate to the 'Downloads' folder on your local computer and double-click CVToolMediaExplorer WinX64.exe (or CVToolMediaExplorerWin 32.exe) to run it.
- Click Extract.
Note: Make sure to note down the Destination Folder before clicking the Extract button.
- Navigate to the Destination Folder that was noted down and then open the Base folder.
- Double-click MediaExplorer.exe to open the application.