Configure iSCSI SAN Data Server with SAN Attached StorageYou can configure the MediaAgents to use the iSCSI to access the SAN data server which is connected to a SAN attached storage through fibre channel or iSCSI.
Configuring the iSCSI SAN data server with SAN attached storage is supported with deduplication storage policy.
- See, Shared SAN Data Server - System Requirements for iSCSI for a complete list of supported platforms, hardware and software.
- For sufficient hardware requirements for the MediaAgents, see CommCell Sizing.
The configuration involves the following tasks in the order listed.
- Install the MediaAgent and SAN Storage Server on the data server.
Ensure that during installation, you select the MediaAgent and the SAN Storage Server.
For more information, see MediaAgent Installation.
- After installing the MediaAgent, download the SCST driver and the SCST Util from cloud.commvault.com and copy them on the SAN data server.
Unzip the zipped folder, and navigate to cd_update.
Install the update in the Software_Installation_Directory\opt\commvault\FibreMAAgent directory.
Important: When upgrading to the latest Service Pack, ensure that you download the latest driver version from cloud.commvault.com.
- Restart the data server.
- There are 200 streams that can be established between the MediaAgents and the SAN data server at any given point of time. By default 100 streams are reserved for fibre channel and 100 streams are reserved for iSCSI. However, you can modify this default configurations by setting the nNumFCLuns and the nNumiSCSILuns additional settings.
For steps to add an additional setting, see Add or Modify an Additional Setting.
- To use the QLogic HBA as an initiator on the SAN data server which is attached to the SAN attached disk array, you must recreate a new initrd image.
Note: Recreation of the initrd image is only required when you are using QLogic HBA as an initiator.
For more information, see Recreating initrd Image.
- Configure a disk library using the data server MediaAgent and set up the disk storage as the local mount path target.
For more information, see Creating a Disk Library.
- Share the local mount path with the MediaAgents.
For more information, see Sharing a SAN Data Server Using iSCSI.
- Create a deduplication storage policy using the newly created disk library and the MediaAgent.
For more information, see Creating a Storage Policy with Deduplication.
- Associate the storage policy with a subclient and perform client backups.
For more information on how to run backups, see the documentation for the specific agent.
Important: Before you run the backups ensure that you are able to see the CVLT_FIO disks that are exported from the SAN data serve. For more information, see Verify CVLT_FIO Disks.