Data Loss Prevention - Troubleshooting (End-User)
- A Lock Icon Does Not Appear When Locking Files
- Unable to Lock or Unlock Multiple Files At Once
- Unable to Automatically Unlock Files on a Macintosh Laptop
- Error Message: "The document can only be unlocked by backup server and unlock has failed."
- Error Message: "Cannot lock the document because no pass-key has been configured..."
- Error Message: "Error occurred while locking the following documents"
The lock icon does not appear when locking a file.
Your administrator might have disabled the icon from being displayed on locked items. If this is not the case and the icon does not appear after locking the file, then the icon overlay image is not properly loaded.
Disable and re-enable the Explorer Plug-in.
- Click the Start button on the Windows task bar and then click All Programs.
- Select Commvault from the Programs menu and click Process Manager.
- Click the Plug-in tab
- Clear the Enable Plug-in check box.
- Select the Enable Plug-in check box.
When trying to lock or unlock multiple files simultaneously, the lock and unlock options are not working.
The selection contains both locked and unlocked files.
Select only locked items or select only unlocked items and try the operation again.
When automatic unlocking is enabled on your Macintosh laptop, you are still prompted to enter a passkey to when you open the file.
You might be missing an update package needed to use the automatic unlocking feature.
To install the required update on your laptop, you can uninstall and reinstall the latest version of the Commvault software on your laptop.
If you are unable to uninstall and reinstall the software, contact your administrator to correct this issue.
When trying to unlock a file, the following error message appears:
The document can only be unlocked by backup server and unlock has failed.
The administrator did not allow the backup server to unlock documents when DLP was enabled and the document was locked before a pass-key was created.
- Ensure there is connectivity between the CommServe® computer and the laptop.
- Your administrator must select Allow backup server to unlock documents for your machine.
- Try to unlock the file again.
- Create your DLP passkey to prevent future problems. See Creating a Data Loss Prevention Passkey.
When trying to lock a file from Windows Explorer, the following error message appears:
Cannot lock the document because no pass-key has been configured yet. Please Use DLP menu in the Edge Monitor to set up your personal pass-key.
A DLP passkey has not been created for your user profile.
Create a DLP passkey. See Creating a Data Loss Prevention Passkey.
Unable to Unlock Files from Windows Explorer
Unlocking a file from Windows Explorer is not working.
Services on the local machine are stopped.
- Click Start > All Programs > Commvault > Process Manager.
- In the Services tab, verify that services are running .
- If services are stopped , select the service and click start .
If you are still unable to unlock files, contact your administrator.
When locking a file using the Edge options in Windows Explorer, the file cannot be locked and the error message "Error occurred while locking the following documents," appears.
When the preview pane is used in Windows Explorer, certain documents are considered open and cannot be locked by Data Loss Prevention.
Close the preview pane in Windows Explorer and then lock the file.