Installing the CommServe for Edge Express
Install the software on a physical or virtual machine that has the following minimum requirements:
|System Components||Minimum Requirements|
|Operating System||Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 x64 Editions or higher|
|CPU||Multi-Core Xeon Class 2|
|Memory||16 GB RAM|
|Available local hard disk space||
Go to Commvault Store .
On Commvault Store, the software media items are displayed.
- On the left side of the page, under the Category filter, click Edge and then Server.
- Click the Download button next to the Commvault Edge Server package.
- Once the Commvault Edge Server package is downloaded, double-click CommVaultEdgeServer.exe to start your installation.
- As you follow the installation wizard, you will be prompted to do the following:
- Provide a location for the program files and the database.
- Create an administrator account. The administrator account has full administrative rights and is the contact for administrative issues. Alerts, reports, and other communications from the CommServe are sent to the administrator’s email address.
Once installation is complete, the Commvault Edge CommCell Console will open.
What to Do Next
To configure your CommServe, follow the steps in Getting Started for Edge Express.