Configuring the Edge Drive Analytics Engine
To enable users to search for Edge Drive files in the Web Console, configure an Analytics Engine for Edge Drive.
About this Task
Files stored in Edge Drive clients are indexed using an Analytics Engine. The Analytics Engine is required to view files in Edge Drive.
- Review System Requirements and determine where you want to configure the Edge Drive analytics engine.
- If you are not the CommCell administrator, you must have a security association that includes a role with the Agent Management or Administrative Management permission and an association with the MediaAgent you select as the engine.
For information on adding a security association to a user, see Administering the Security Associations of a User.
- If you have a firewall setup, make sure port 20000 is open for connections within the network.
- In the CommCell Browser, click Storage Resources > MediaAgents.
- Right-click the MediaAgent you want to use for Edge Drive, and then click Properties.
- On the Analytics Engine tab, select the Configure Analytics Engine check box.
- Next to Index Directory, click Browse and select a location on the MediaAgent to store the Edge Drive index.
- Optional: If you want to increase the Java Virtual Memory (JVM) limit, in the Java Max Memory (MB) box, type or select the maximum memory that can be allocated to the JVM in MB.
Make sure that the value for Java Max Memory does not exceed the maximum amount of free memory on the system.
- In the Available Analytics Engine Type list, click Edge Drive and then click the right arrow button (>).
Edge Drive appears in the Configured Analytics Engine Type list.
- Click OK.
What to Do Next
After you have configured at least one Analytics Engine, add an Edge Drive client to enable Edge Drive for end users. See Creating and Configuring an Edge Drive Client.